Thanks, I'll read the compendium too. Even though I've read the OSGi Core Release 5 Specification and several books on OSGi, and have produced some Eclipse plugins in the past I still run into things that I can't exactly understand, the specification hasn't made it to tacit knowledge yet.

Citeren Paulo Renato de Athaydes <renatoathay...@hotmail.com>:

I believe you are looking for this bundle:
http://aries.apache.org/modules/spi-fly.html
Which implements the OSGi ServiceLoader Mediator specification described in the OSGi compendium document. If you have not read this document, I highly recommend as you will learn in detail how common issues like this are solved "properly" in OSGi.
Download from here: http://www.osgi.org/Download/Release5