Hi Ray,

You are confusing a lot of terms :-)

“enabled” is a component description state.  If the component is disabled,
whether there are CA configurations for it and required dependencies present or
missing is completely irrelevant because DS isn’t even looking at that yet.

Once the component is enabled, then there’s a chance that you might bet one or
more instances of the component….. component configurations, not to be confused
with CA configurations.

Depending on the  configuration policy….
ignored >> one component configuration.  This will be satisfied if all the
required references are satisfied and result in (one or more) instances
depending on the scope, immediate setting, and whether there are any users of
the exposed service (if any)

optionsl >> one or more component configurations depending on CA
configurations.  Each one will be satisfied or not depending on it’s
references, and again instances depend on scope, etc etc.  You can see whether
the one configuration is configured from CA by looking at the properties for a
pid/factory pid.

required >> 0 or more component configurations, one per CA configuration.  Each
one will be satisfied or not depending on its references etc etc.

So, there are a lot of moving parts here.  I’m not sure it’s practical to
explain the entire DS model in the output of scr:info, which I think is what
you’re aiming for.  However I’m happy to consider suggestions that are actually
in line with the model.  I haven’t been able to figure out improvements to what
is there that actually seem to me to provide more information without being
very redundant and more confusing.  Maybe you will have better luck.

thanks
david jencks