On Wednesday 13 September 2017 19:36:15 Chuck Davis wrote:
> After a few weeks delay for knee replacement I cobbled together a program
> yesterday that uses the FrameworkFactory service to create a Framework and
> install 3 bundles -- all of which is working splendidly as expected.
>
> My first bundle is this that Renato directed me to in the last thread about
> this issue which takes care of the classloading issue for JavaFX:
>
> https://github.com/edvin/javafx-osgi
>
> My second bundle creates the Stage service that Paul talked about.
>
> My third bundle creates a couple Scenes and depending on the button pressed
> changes the Scene on the Stage.
>
> This basic scheme is working now.
>
> BUT....now I have to stop things "cleanly" as "OSGi In Action" mentions.
> Unfortunately, there is no JavaFX in the book.
>
> My main class just installs the bundles and then is finished but does not
> terminate the JVM.
>
> I dinked around today until I came up with the combination of
> Platform.exit() followed by BundleContext.getBundle(0).stop().  Stopping
> bundle 0 is apparently the accepted way to stop Felix.  With this
> combination both JVM instances end (my main class and the Framework) and
> the visual bits and pieces disappear.  It's not too elegant and I have to
> believe there is a better way to shut down JavaFX bundles.   ????

Why are there two JVM instances?
You stop bundles using (importing) JavaFX like any other bundles.

> Anybody have suggestions?

I'm using the JavaFX application lifecycle to manage the OSGi framework, see
this base class:
https://github.com/bildschirmarbeiter/de.bildschirmarbeiter.application.osgi/blob/master/src/main/java/de/bildschirmarbeiter/application/osgi/OsgiApplication.java

And a concrete application overriding configuration and bundles list:
https://github.com/bildschirmarbeiter/de.bildschirmarbeiter.aem.toolbox.main/blob/master/src/main/java/de/bildschirmarbeiter/aem/toolbox/main/Toolbox.java

Regards,
O.