On 2018-08-26T17:43:50 +0100
Neil Bartlett <njbartl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Mark,
>
> Before going too much further with this, have you looked at whether you can
> reuse the resolution code from bnd? We do exactly what you are trying to
> do, as far as I can tell from your mail, i.e. resolving a set of
> requirements outside the context of running OSGi Framework. For example
> this happens when you click the "Resolve" button in Bndtools, or run the
> bnd-resolver-maven-plugin (amongst others).
>
> The code is here:
> https://github.com/bndtools/bnd/tree/master/biz.aQute.resolve

'Ello.

Apologies for the late reply. Using the resolution code from bnd is
certainly an option. I'm already using the bnd API for loading bundles
as Resources. When I started writing this code, I actually didn't
realize how much was involved in implementing the resolve context type.

For the eventual use I have in mind, I suspect there'll actually be
some user interaction involved in picking bundles.

--
Mark Raynsford | http://www.io7m.com