Hi all,

My question is: How to enable web capabilities for Apache Felix HTTP Service
(session, security, error handling, etc) out of the box?

I’m working in a project wich implements bundles as micro-services exposed by a
REST API bundle.

[Felix framework]
-> Felix Bundles
-> Jetty Bundles (i.e. org.apache.felix.http.jetty-4.0.8.jar)
-> My Microservices Bundles
-> My "WEB Bundle" with exposes /api to HTTP Service

a) The Web Bundle exposes /api using service register at activation process.
Annotations and web.xml are not working.

httpService.registerServlet("/api", new ServletContainer(),
getJerseyServletParams(), null);

b) Web Bundle MANIFEST.MF is exposing /ui as Web-ContextPath in order to
provides static content.

So far, so good. I can consume http://localhost:8080/api/* and I can get
http://localhost:8080/ui/index.html

However, in order to be able to go production, the REST interface must be fully
functional with session, jass and other “web.war” capabilities (simple like to
process web.xml configuration file).

In my preliminary code, it seems that only JAX-RS is working fine
(httpService.registerServlet…) but the web capabilities of the bundle haven’t
been activated by the framework, for example I can call
http://localhost:8080/ui/WEB-INF/web.xml and read the file as a regular file).
No error handling, session, authentication, etc.

Thanks,

Davi