Hey all:

I'm allowing a user to take a profile selfie or import a file from their camera
roll, and on Android, the images are rotated inconsistently between front and
rear cameras, as well as when importing from camera roll depending on how the
user held the camera.

The MediaEvent (upon selecting an image) and MediaPromise object (data) does
not provide any orientation information and the image's sourceWidth is ALWAYS
larger than sourceHeight no matter which camera or mode (portrait/landscape)
was used to take the picture. So there is no way to know how much to rotate the
image.

My problem is:
I need to know if a photo taken with CameraUI was front or back camera.
I need to know if a photo imported using CameraRoll was originally taken with
front or back camera, and whether the user held the camera in portrait or
landscape mode.
Each of these variables result in different rotations of the image and I need
to correct the rotation (that's easy) once I know by how much it's off.

I don't have any problem on iOS at all. Apple is consistent. I'm figuring I'll
have to give my users the ability to manually rotate their pics, or write an
ANE or something else hard to do just to get more information about the images
on Android.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Erik