Hey bilbosax:

If you are talking about a Flex Mobile app, just try deleting the contents of
the TextInput when hiding the PopUp:

private function onCloseMe():void {
    input.text = null;
}

When subsequently showing the popup, there will be no text to render and you
won't see it.

In mobile apps, using mobile theme, this is well known issue because TextInput
is using StyledStageText component which is essentially the native TextInput
component for the platform, which makes interaction with input devices act and
feel native, like soft keyboard, voice dictation, auto correct and auto
suggest, etc. The non mobile theme version still does some of this stuff, but
not natively so there are some issues.

Anyway if using mobile theme and TextInput you need to pay attention to the
fact that the native component is being displayed above all of your
application. It's Z order is higher (above) everything and it will show the
text over things and when Popup shows visible before centering you'll see this
sort of behavior.

In the end, TextInput on mobile is really a good thing, but it's a little
quirky and you need to work around a couple issues like this.

However, if you plan to have input fields below the top half of a view where
the TextInput field receives input focus and scrolls into view above the soft
keyboard, be aware that there is a known problem with the caret showing up in
some cases. Best to keep you input fields in the top 50% of the mobile screen
so it doesn't have to scroll.

Cheers,

Erik