I use encrypted local store all the time on mobile devices as well as in an AIR
emulator, and I never run into this problem unless building a RELEASE build and
installing it on the device with an ad hoc provisioning profile (iOS). That
always resets any local storage associated with the app.

However, I use IntelliJ IDEA which may make a difference. Perhaps you're
running into yet another FlashBuilder 4.7 issue. That IDE is getting pretty
long in the tooth.