Has anyone learned how to remove the Emoji soft keyboard button on mobile? I
see no property of TextArea or TextInput to disable it. Using mobile theme of
course.

Even better, has anyone figured out an Emoji solution in mobile AIR apps? In my
experimentation, the Emoji chars entered by a user in the native soft keyboard
do show in TextInput because of course that field is a Stage based (native)
input field, but I want to save the Emoji character to DB and show it in
Android and iOS apps, in Labels. Another issue is that I believe Emoji's differ
in their character code representation between Android and iOS.

Just looking for some kind of Emoji solution for AIR mobile apps created with
Apache Flex. I've thought about using an Emoji font and embedding it, but then
I'd have to "map" the characters from iOS Emoji keyboard to a character in the
font, and they won't look exactly the same as iOS or Android native Emojis.
Still, that could be problematic anyway, as the Emoji keyboard contains a lot
of character categories.

I also thought of creating a custom pure as3 keyboard but that's beyond any
scope I can tackle right now.

All I really want to do is not confuse users who put Emoji's into messages that
don't work. Hiding the Emoji button would be the simplest way but probably
can't be done from AIR.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Erik