I had the same problem, and ended doing this:
Went to http://flex.apache.org/download-binaries.html and
downloaded and unzipped the Windows .zip file.  Then in that folder I ran:

   ant -f installer.xml

Ant was able to bring down OSMF so it is definitely something with the
Installer code, but that is also a possible workaround for you.

Alex, post it a while ago, and I could install it with this workaround.

Hope it helps.