"Some events have an associated default behavior. For example, the doubleClick
event has an associated default behavior that highlights the word under the
mouse pointer at the time of the event. Your event listener can cancel this
behavior by calling the preventDefault() method. You can also make the current
event listener the last one to process an event by calling the
stopPropagation() or stopImmediatePropagation() method."

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/FlashPlatform/reference/actionscript/3/flash/events/Event.html