Hi Erik,

Did you figure out what your problem was here? I'm getting the same error
with AIR 29.0.0.122.

I followed the directions here ...

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/multi/how-overlay-air-sdk-flex-sdk.html

... to create the combined Flex/AIR SDK. If I understand correctly this
simply boils down to:

   - Download and extract AIR SDK (the "for Flex" version) and the Flex SDK
   - Copy the extracted AIR SDK files into the Flex SDK folder
   - Update your -app.xml files to reflect the new AIR version

I'm not using the Flex installer app because it times out after the first
screen ~97% of the time, and fails for other reasons in the remaining 3% of
cases.

Douglas