On Nov 29, 2010, at 09:54 , Phil Thane wrote:

> On Sunday 28 Nov 2010 19:50:59 Jeff Causey wrote:
>>> I'd like to know which components are most used and maybe why others
>>> are not. If you used OpenOffice before you can include your usage data
>>> as well.
>>>
>>> Do you use the quick starter?
>
> I write for a living and use OO Writer (I'll switch to LO obviously once my
> distro packages it, but I'd rather not use a Beta release for work).

Like Phil I write a lot, though not for a living unfortunately, so Writer
accounts probably for over 90% of my usage, with Calc accounting for most of
the rest.  Very occasionally I receive a Powerpoint presentation, and I think
once I have tried to use Draw for something.

Calc is mostly used now for membership lists and accounting in our local
Gardening club, and I have been thinking about Base for the membership bit.
After reading in Francois' email that he finds it easy to use, I'll probably
give it a go.

Like Jeff I have LibO on my computer and fire it up to test things, but I have
to have OOo installed also until LibO is released, since I don't want to use
beta apps for live work.

There is as far as I know no quick starter on the Mac, but I have placed OOo in
the Mac equivalent of the Startup folder on Windows, so that it opens a default
document on boot in the morning, which I immediately close, and then I have OOo
"open" so that future documents start up much quicker.

//James