Hi Greg,

2010/12/8 Greg Madden <gomadtr...@gci.net>:

> On Tuesday 07 December 2010 12:51:15 am Andrea Pescetti wrote:
>> Sigrid Carrera wrote:

[...]

> i read the link, thank you.      i am using the deb packages and it seems that
> dictionaries are not part of the Libreoffice RC1 package..this is because, if
> read the link right, Linux provides system wide dictionaries.
>
> I find this to be true for the deb packages, I installed myspell from Debians
> repository, (use a package manager not LO extension manager) and I have a
> dictionary to check spelling. The spell checking was working but no dict to
> search.

That sounds logical - and in fact, my mandriva installation has
systemwide dictionaries. I have aspell and myspell installed myself.
But still, LibO didn't use them, the spellcheck was non-functioning.

So, if your assumption is true, then there has to be changed
something, because if I  have spellcheck enabled, it should work.

Sigrid