Hi people,

Today I installed LibreOffice RC1 to one of the computers in our accounting department. I exported some data from the main accounting program they use, to xls format. When I checked the file, I saw that the Turkish characters are not displayed correctly.

I checked the operating system of the computer, it was a Win7 TR, having a Turkish keyboard and regional settings. I copied the file to my XP computer, which I know it has no problems with Turkish character sets, opened it with LibreOffice RC1 and the Turkish characters were not displayed correctly again.
I opened the file in OpenOffice 3.2, the result was the same.
The menus and the language options are selected as Turkish in LO and OO.
In the cell properties I tried with many common fonts like Arial, Times New Roman, with Turkish language option, nothing changes.

For ex :
BÝYOLOJÝK should be BİYOLOJİK
Tarih Aralýðý should be Tarih aralığı

When I open the xls file with notepad, just to check the text, I can see the text with Turkish chars correctly.

Turkish characters are displayed correctly when I open the file with MS Excel 2003. I didn't try other MS versions, they probably can display properly too.

Any suggestions?