Hi,

2011/1/18 MR ZenWiz <mrzen...@gmail.com>

> 2) Calling it TOFU, which is an acronym I've never seen before and,
> based on how tricky it was to find in Google, I suspect is not often
> used, is worse.  :-)  (One might not think so, given our proclivity to
> using TLAs and FLAs in place of perfectly valid words, but this one's
> new to me.)
>
> TOFU is a widely used acronym in german speaking areas.

TOFU means "Text oben, Fullquote unten"
translation: Text above full quote below

TUFO exists as well - Text below, full quote above.
But I think, that this arrangement is less common. ;)

To make it even worse, the word Tofu exists in German - it means the cheese
(?) made of soy, that vegetarians use instead of meat.... (I just looked it
up in my preferred online dictionary, it means "bean curd").

Hope, I could help a bit. ;)

Sigrid