On Sun Feb 06 2011 11:55:12 GMT-0800 (PST)  Baruch Burstein wrote:
I have just installed LibreOffice, and it has these huge menu bar and
toolbars. the icons (toolbars) and text (menu bar) are a normal size, but
there is a lot of blank space around. In OO this didn't happen. I have
attached a screenshot comparing LibreOffice's bars to another program's (it
happens to be notepad++, but it is the norm in all programs). The icon size
is set to automatic in Options.
Any help?

What happens when you set the Options setting to Small?