I'm on Win XP with LO 3.3.0.
All those settings are set and seem to correct. I've made no changes there.

Just now I tried again and found spell check to be working but the insertion
point was invisible.
I got it back with a close/open.
Tried spell check again, and some other things, I guess, as the insertion
point went invisible but I
got it back with a save.
Can't reproduce this at will, though, so there must be more involved than
running spell check.

Al

French,