[ From users@libreoffice.org (T. R. Valentine) on Friday, February 11, 2011 ]

> My LO Writer/Win XP does seem to struggle with the file, so the
> problem can definitely be replicated.

Same here, LibO 3.3 on Vista. It's very sluggish to navigate.

In terms of general comments, I don't have the stroke to convince my
~1300-person employer to move away from MSO, but this kind of thing would
almost certainly be a showstopper in most people's eyes. OOo/LibO is great in
so many ways, but I've long been disappointed by its often poor "interactive"
performance, particularly in regard to speed of program launching, document
webpages into Writer and I've often seen the resulting doc just grind to a halt
for quite a while. It's not just a matter of caching - It will often continue
to be slow when moving from page to page. It's been that way for a long time.

IMO, if functional UI / document performance and handling speed for
normal-sized documents can be fixed, that will be a major milestone forward to
favorably compete with MSO. I'm not a developer, but am willing to help in any
way I can.

--
Len Philpot - l e n @ p h i l p o t . o r g   (no spaces)
      Read my story: http://www.mostimportantthing.org