On 02/08/2011 11:11 PM, Mihai Dobrescu wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have installed OpenOffice about two years ago. I don't remember hoe I set
> it to open .pps files as they were .ppt.
> How could I get that in my brand new LibreOffice - to open .pps files in
> edit mode instead of running the slideshow and without changing the
> extension?
>
> Thanks,
> Mihai Sorin Dobrescu

I think you are mixing apples & oranges. OOo does not open pps files
automatically. To do that you need an extension such as:
http://extensions.services.openoffice.org/taxonomy/term/111
Auto Starter for Presentation documents
to do this. Go-oo has done autostarted pps files for quite some time. LO
is based on go-oo builds, so it's quite standard for LO to open pps
files in presentation mode automatically (it was a bug fix if I recall
correctly).

If you don't wish to rename the file to ppt, then use standard OOo -
your choice. Or file a wishlist bug report asking for a modification.