Can I convert works 7.0 files (.wps) to work with open office or any other
office program?
Thanks andy

-----Original Message-----
From: yahoo-pier_andreit <pier_andr...@yahoo.it>
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 15:31:38
To: <users@libreoffice.org>
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Re: calc is very slow in updating liks to
        other calc files

Il 31/03/2011 23:33, Twayne ha scritto:
> In news:4d94992c.2050...@yahoo.it,
> yahoo-pier_andreit<pier_andr...@yahoo.it>  typed:
>> on my 3GHz-2GB of ram PC with libreoffice 3.3.0, I have a
>> calc worksheet with about 40 links (=(DDE("soffice";...
>> etc etc..) to other 10 calc files, it takes about
>> **10minutes** to update all the links, is it normal
>> behaviour?? or I can speed the process?
>
> Calc can be a little slow IME sometimes, but not that slow! Even opening
> multiple sites at once, which I occasionally do, doesn't take more than I'd
> guess around 15 seconds or so.
>     What if you copy all the same links into Writer and use them from there?
> Any difference?
>
> Have you disabled or deleted all your prefetch entries by any chance?
> Unlikely I guess, but it's all that comes to mind right now. Ten minutes is
> outlandish by any standards IMO unless there's a glitch in Calc. You could
> check the bug list at the LO site.

I tested a bit and it seems that the time depends on how big the source
files are.
-1) If I open a CALC or a WRITER file with 10 links to 10 *10Kb* CALC
files (in total 100 links) it asks me to update links, I answer YES, it
takes about few seconds.

2-) If I open a CALC or a WRITER file with 10 links to 10 *800Kb* CALC
files (in total 100 links) it asks me to update links, I answer YES, it
takes about 1 minute, and it is accettable.

3-) If I open a CALC (attached) file with 10 links to 10 *10Kb* CALC
files (in total 100 links) it asks me to update links, I answer NO, then
I expand formulas in the 100 cells (for expand I intend dragging the
small black square in the lower right angle of B2 cell first
horizontally (it takes few seconds) then vertically in the resulting
selection) it takes about *1 minute*, and it accettable

4-) If I open a CALC (attached) file with 10 links to 10 *800Kb* CALC
files (in total 100 links) it asks me to update links, I answer NO, then
I expand formulas in the 100 cells it takes about *9 minutes*, and it
seems to me too much :-)

Ciao Pier