On 2011/04/15 1:06 PM  Sascha Vieweg wrote:
Hello, being an extensive user of LibO rather than iWorks or MSO on my Mac (OS X 10.6.6), the (only) one thing that tempers delight is the "blurred" unsharp display of text in documents. Currently, I am writing rather long reports for my work, and I employed Latin Modern Roman (version 2 or so) 11pt as the main document text. (I was playing around with many more fonts, just to mention.) However, whatever font size, document zoom or user interface zoom I use, the only one usable fonts are the ones from the DejaVue font family -- yet, also here the display is far away from a clean sharp display as I can find in Pages or MSW. I was just wondering whether there is upcoming development on that issue (obviously only a Mac one), or if there is simple tricks to make fonts display clear, sharp, and reader-friendly. Thanks for comments and tipps. Bests, *S*

Fonts appear sharp in LibO on my 13" MacBook (OS X version 10.6.7) and on my 24" Samsung external monitor. I see no difference in sharpness between LibO and Pages.

Larry
--
Larry I. Gusaas