- - wrote:

In LO Writer, it is possible to insert a formula inline with text.  However,
there does not appear to be any way to do this in Impress.  One can still
insert a formula, but it is put in as its own object, separate from the text
box, and therefore it is practically impossible to align it with the text.

If only things like Greek letters are needed, I can just insert them as special
characters, and I can still use stand-alone formulas, *but*, sometimes it would be very
useful to be able to insert special math characters (like the vector "hat"
arrows, etc. or a nontrival fraction) inline with text in a text box in Impress, and so
far I see no way to do that, although it is possible in Writer.

P.S.  If sending an email to users@libreoffice is not the proper method for
requesting features and/or reporting bugs in LibreOffice, please let me know
and direct me to the appropriate channels.

Your best choice would be on the bug tracker https://bugs.freedesktop.org/ .

Andy