I'm lost, confused & perhaps stupid, but feel free to think what you will. I
have been contentedly using Libreoffice and openoffice before that with few
problems. Occasionally a doc would stall with a "Not Responding" message and
then usually recover all by itself. But now, for about a month, no such
luck.
Libreoffice crashes, "unknown error" almost every time I open a doc. Same
behavior with starting a new doc, same behavior with writer & calc. Same
behavior with removing LO & installing OO. Same behavior in XP sp2
compatility. I would like to disable auto-update, but I don't see that
option in Tools->Options in this version. And I don't see anyone else
reporting this problem.
Windows 7 starter, 2 GB ram, netbook with Intel Atom N550. LO 3.3.2 (or OO
3.3.0)

Thanks for your patience,

Burai