On 05/13/2011 05:27 PM, "K.Okoń" wrote:
Hello everybody, I'm pathologist working at Jagiellonian University, Kraków, Poland, and I have been using OpenOffice for some time, now switching to LibreOffice. I like using oo/lo suite for writing papers as it works very well with Bibus bibliographic software (BTW quite good).

My question / problem (?) is, whether where is a (English) spell checker good for biomedical / scientific vocabulary? Obviously I prefer a free one, but may consider also commercial (if any exists).

Thank you for help

These are the only three that I know of at this time that works with OpenOffice.org and LibreOffice.
They may cover many of the words you deal with.

http://libreoffice-na.us/English/add-on-dictionaries-large-list/Australian-medical-dict---en-au-med.oxt

http://libreoffice-na.us/English/add-on-dictionaries-large-list/Chemistry_Dictionary__technical_chemistry_words--ChemDictOOo.oxt

http://libreoffice-na.us/English/add-on-dictionaries-large-list/Latin--spelling-and-hyphenation-dictionaries---dict-la_2010-08-23.oxt