On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 2:30 AM, NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> On 05/17/2011 09:41 AM, plino wrote:
> > @Thomas
> >
> > You can use this Open Source program to solve your problem
> >
> > http://winsize2.sourceforge.net/en/index.html
>
> Does that work for in program windows such as Find & Replace?
>

> > But I think that the options in the dialog should be rearranged.
> > There is a lot of empty space on the dialog and this creates a
> > problem with low resolution devices such as netbooks.
>
> Thomas is not using a netbook "(Dell Vostro 3500, Windows 7, Libreoffice
> 3.3)":
> http://www.dell.com/us/business/p/vostro-3500/pd
>
> Could be that it's an overall Win7 setting? Perhaps a theme and/or
> Control Panel|All Control Panel Items|Display? I don't boot into Win7
> very often, but I just went to the above and changed from 'Smaller -
> 100% (default)' to 'Medium - 125%' and now I can replicate his problem
> on my HP G60. So Thomas, check that setting. To get to it; right-click
> on the desktop, select 'Personalize', and then click Display.

Good evening from Germany (instead of my usual Japan ...)
Thank you.
That personalize trick "works" (barely), but I am afraid I am too old to
work a whole day long with stuff displayed on the screen
so small, that I need a microscope to read it. There are only two options I
can see: 100% and 125%.
The latter one I chose upon setting the PC up (bought extra for this trip)
and is the minimum I need to read anything on the screen. 100% is not really
an "option".
And even with the 100% option the lowest items in the dialog box are only
half visible. The other half is still hidden behind the lower task bar.

Is this really the only way to get to dialog boxes and menus?
(I suspect, there are a lot of other similar boxes I have not yet
tried/used) that too disappear beneath the horizon!)

Thomas