Hi Cor,

Appologies for repeating this:

I use:

LibreOffice 3.3.0
OOO330m19 (Build:6)
tag libreoffice-3.3.0.4

with XP Pro and SP3

Just for the record. I noted you wanted the raw facts about the Impress audio
file link loss
when you were discussing with Tom.

I used Impress to create a 96 page slide presentation. Graphic icons on the
page linked the
icon to an MP3 audio clip. I used the "interaction -play sound" facility to
create a pathway to
the audio files. The files are stored in three separate folders denpending
whether they are
"questions" "statements" or "answers".

There are 409 short audio files linked to icons. approx 4 or 5 icons per page.

When I originally created and saved it in odp format no problem. I had the the
PC on during
the time I developed it. One night I saved the file and then powered off. Next
day started up,
opened presentation (in front of an audience) and no sound.... all links
vanished.

If you go to the link and check "interaction" you can see the correct path BUT
the link is dead.
To re-activate you need to "re-browse" the path and click ok and the audio
plays fine. At tthe
time I wondered if XP was giving Impress the finger?

However, given the recent statement from "Christian" that he had not completed
Impress
code before he got taken off the project....... there now does not seem much
doubt that some
form of bug/incomplete code exists and is likely to be at the heart of the
problem.

At least there seems to be closure on the mystery.

BTW if you try and convert to odp to MS .ppt all the text, pictures and layout
convert fine...
BUT all audio vanishes because the pathways are missing i.e not converted. I
think that's
because there is no equivalent in MS of "interaction-play sound".. their
version is associated
with dedicated mouse clicks and mouse-overs.

Hopefully someone will take ownership of Impress and sort it.... It's a great
program and will
cream MS PP if it's reliable.

In answer to your question about the severity of this problem.... It's like
Russian
Roulette....You leave home having tested and tested your presentation... you
set up and test
again prior to presenting.... you then stand in front of a live audience and
look like an idiot
when suddenly all your audio icons are dead! ... i.e  "no sound"............. I
can live with the
idiot bit.... But the trashing of the professional presentation in the company
name hurts bad.

The sniggers from business associates saying 'told you to use MS" are also very
un-
welcome.

Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't.. when it does then the links are
permanently dead.

An ubuntu friend of mine tested my presentation on Linux and it works fine!
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Thanks for listening.

Half-Impressed (aka Un-Impressed)