From: Roland Hughes <rol...@logikalsolutions.com>
To: users@libreoffice.org
Sent: Mon, 30 May, 2011 3:34:22
Subject: RE: [libreoffice-users] RE: [Libreoffice] Word doesn't see symbols -
Substituting Fonts

There used to be a plugin for OO which identified all missing fonts for
a document.  Perhaps it was never ported to LO.

On Sun, 2011-05-29 at 16:43 -0700, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> The Tools | Fonts option is not related to any documents that happen to be
>open.  It is generic.  So it is not going to know about "missing" fonts.
>
> In my copy of 3.3.2, I found that I needed to check the box that says "Apply
>replacement table."
>

> Although there are pull-downs that then list all of the installed fonts, I
>found that I could make up a font name for the Font entry and indicate that it
>be replaced by Calibri (which I already have installed).
>
> When I clicked the check box for the "dialed-in" replacement, I was then able
>to check Always and then select OK.
>
> The table now has the one row in it and it persists when I close LibreOffice
>and open it again.
>
> Does this not work on your system?
>
>  - Dennis

Roland Hughes, President
Logikal Solutions
(630)-205-1593

http://www.theminimumyouneedtoknow.com
http://www.infiniteexposure.net

No U.S. troops have ever lost their lives defending our ethanol
reserves.