On 6/21/2011 9:40 AM, webmaster for Kracked Press Productions wrote:
On 06/21/2011 01:19 AM, planas wrote:
Earl

On Mon, 2011-06-20 at 19:16 -0700, Earl Melton wrote:

I used Revo Uninstaller to remove my 3.2 (or was it 3.3.2?) on Win-7. It hung with the progress bar at about 80% of completion for over two hours, never moving further. In the selection window (similar to Control Panel Add/Remove window), I saw that I had told it to uninstall the main program and that the Help module (or whatever it was called) had not started. On a whim, I started another instance of RU and told it to uninstall the help section. I chose the slowest, most thorough number 4 setting for both uninstalls. Long story short -- it then completely uninstalled both 'halves' in about a minute and I'm ready
to DL the  3.3.3 final and install it.

Don't know if this'll help anyone else, but it [apparently] needs to remove the help files first. Hopefully the new install will go smoothly. I have never
experienced a problem installing either OOo or my first shot at LibO.
  --
I'm so busy, I don't know whether I found a rope or lost my horse!
<><  Earl

--

Thanks

Thanks for the info though. If I have any problems with friends' computer with Win-7 and LO installs, I will remember your "trick".

I do not use Win-7, so this may be a stupid question. So is "Revo Uninstaller" the replacement for add/remove programs in the XP and Vista Control Panel? Or is it some other uninstall program that can be used?
<Non W7 issues snipped>

I'll remember the help files issue, and thanks for that.

Question: Why did you choose Revo rather than to use the W7 add/remove application in the control panel? I have used W7's add/remove only once, for another application (that didn't work as advertised) and that worked fine.

Is there some LO quirk that requires a separate removal program beyond W7's native add/remove?

I use W7 64 bit Home Premium with AMD quad core processor, 4 GB RAM, SATA disk.

--David

--
nil significat nisi oscillat