John B <jo...@email2.me> writes:

> On 24/06/2011 14:56, lee wrote:
>> John B<jo...@email2.me>  writes:
>>
>> The mailmerge tool requires an address list, which is something I don't
>> have and don't want to create in this case.
>>

> In lotus wordpro - which is next to pure perfection - you have "click
> here boxes", which you place strategically in the places you need to
> type your data. They typically say ">click here to enter the date<"
> the when you do,  it jumps to the next box. All my fax heders and
> letterheads have them.
>
> Also built in to Lotus Wordpro is an internal mini mail merge simply
> by typing "<a new field name>" wherever you need the data , it will
> save all your contact details as you go (mail merge on the fly).
>
> I have to say as yet I have not seen either of these 2 facilities in
> LO, however, I would have thought "click here boxes" were universal
> and I am just not looking hard enough.

Thank you for bottom-posting :)

Hm, that sounds like a nice feature; it's similar to what I'm doing,
just without the fields. It's a little more complicated, though, since
some of the data I'm entering is repeated at two places (and I enter it
twice manually). There would have to be fields that are pointers to
other fields already filled in --- perhaps Lotus Wordpro has something
like that as well.