On 2011-06-27, tracey002 wrote:

> I had discovered that Open Office Writer does NOT really support functional
> RTF features (the ones that I tried anyway).
> When I posted issues to an OpenOffice Users Group, I was re-directed to
> Libre Office.
> Can I help in some way?
> Please advise.
> Thanks, Tracey
> As an End User, my experience has been to export (Documents and/or Data) in
> simple HTML or RTF text format for other End Users to use in their word
> Processor or Spreadsheet.

I don't have experience with RTF myself, so I can't say myself how good
is it.

But LibO has a rewritten RTF export, I guess it includes what Miklos
Vajna did in Summer 2010.

Miklos made a presentation about it, slides are at

  http://people.freedesktop.org/~vmiklos/2010/lo-opensuse-nurnberg-2010.pdf

Starting at slide 14 there are several screenshots of export
enhancements.

This Summer, Miklos is working on RTF import,

  http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/google/gsoc2011/vmiklos/9001

There are also a couple posts on RTF export issues in Miklos' weblog,

  http://vmiklos.hu/blog/tags/libreoffice

Meanwhile, you can fill bug reports, if there's none yet, for the
features that aren't working,

   http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport

--
Nuno J. Silva (aka njsg)