As Regina pointed out, the case of mixed number and text values in a comparison
is defined by the implementation so that numbers are less than text (though
that is surprising).  That is, the result is as-designed, and this is
consistent with the applications that LibreOffice provides compatibility with.

For ODF 1.2 OpenFormula, if that is being used, the result is also
implementation-defined.

There is a precedent for the odd result.  In some contexts, when there is a
text and a number, the number is converted to text and a text comparison is
made.  In the example given, that would also have the indicated result.  If the
principle were to convert the text to a number, one would expect an Error Value
because 'A' is not a valid expression for a number.

In any case, once a practice is established (how long have OpenOffice.org and
LibreOffice Calc been doing this?), that becomes a case that some have already
worked around.  If the practice were changed, those existing calculations could
be invalidated (unless the solution is to produce an Error Value).

So, to be concrete: Is the request here that 'A'>10 produce an Error Value?

 - Dennis