Am 04.08.2011 09:03, Onyeibo Oku wrote:
I did a python macro that adds sheets, renames them and fills in some formula
in select cells. It also has a portion that deletes the sheets.

I find that the sheet creation runs faster although there's more lines of code
running. Whereas the sheet removal macro is just 2lines and runs 3-5times
slower. Both routines use 'FOR' loops (the creating routine even has a nested
loop).

What could be responsible? Does calc recalculate for each removed sheet? Can
that feature be toggled off via macro just before the removal loops ...and
toggled back on?

Thanks in advance :)
from twohot@device.mobile :)

Removed sheets may have references, a new sheet can not have any references nor is it referenced.

bAC = isAutomaticCalculationEnabled()
doc.enableAutomaticCalculation(False)
do_stuff
doc.enableAutomaticCalculation(bAC)