Dave

On Thu, 2011-08-25 at 16:46 -0400, dave boland wrote:

> I'm creating a database that has a main table and a few list tables to
> supply data for list boxes.  I have been following the User Guide and
> created three list tables.  When I go to link them I get errors about
> the keys.  The errors make no sense to me, so what I need is a complete
> procedure on how to do this (would also suggest updating the
> documentation).

What is the error message, you may need a series of one-to-one links
between the list tables and the main table. I suspect you will need a
foreign key for each list table in the main table. The main table will
look like this:

ID, Integer                   // Key
Date, Date
EmployeeName, text VARCHAR
EmployeeAddr, text VARCHAR
EmployeeType, text VARCHAR
EmployeeDept, text VARCHAR
EmployeePos,  text VARCHAR
EmployeeTypeID, Integer (Foreign Key to EmployeeType table)
EmployeeDeptID, Integer (Foreign Key to EmployeeDepartment table)
EmployeePosID, Integer (Foreign Key to EmployeePos)

--
Jay Lozier
jsloz...@gmail.com