Silly me.  The OP is not subscribed, so won't get messages sent to the list
unless she is cc'd.  I should have known that.  I authorised her message.
Here's my reply again.

Hi Maria and welcome.  Answer inline.

On Aug 25, 2011, at 22:47 , Maria Rechnitzer wrote:

> Dear Support,
> when word processing in microsoft office (doc or xls) there is a
> strikethrough feature that allows you to mark words that you want to delete
> but stIll keep them in the text, e.g. strikethrough.
> I was not able to find this feature in Libre Office (also not in former Open
> Office). Is there such a feature? If not I suggest to add it next to the
> bold, italic and underline feature.

Mark the text you wish to strike through, then choose Format/Character/Font
effects.  There you will find bold, italic, and a host of others, including
strike through.

//James