On 09/27/2011 05:42 AM, NoOp wrote:
I'm still not sure why Linux distributions like Ubuntu would use regular
 newsgroups, but a major player like LO won't.  I think this question
 needs a good answer.
They don't. alt.os.linux.ubuntu isn't in*any way*  related to any Ubuntu
list, group, forum et al. If you read the usenet charter it was simply
started by folks that wanted a usenet group. Ubuntu user lists are
available via gmane.org at: gmane.linux.ubuntu.user, as are nearly all
the other Ubuntu lists:

By the way, if Dave thinks it _is_ a must to have a "regular newsgroup", why wouldn't he start one and see?

He assumes to know several things, but is just speaking. Dave, act!

--
RMA.