Kevin

On Wed, 2011-10-05 at 16:34 -0400, Op Ed wrote:

> OK, here's me, replying to myself.
>
> Further little problem.  Not yet solved.
>
> Because the program does not appear in the programs list, it is not an
> option
> when trying to open a .odt file (or any kind of file) from the file system.
>

> That is, I cannot simply right-click a .odt file or a .docx file and click
> "Open with..." .
> The resulting list does not include LibO, so I can't select it.
>
> Is there a quick-and-dirty way to add it without tinkering with the
> Registry?
>
> Meanwhile, I open LibO and use the program's file browser to select the
> files to open.  Not entirely convenient.
>
> Again, this is Windows 7 Professional.

With Windows 7 home/64 I had no problems and have not heard of anyone
having problems similar to yours. I suspect your suspicion that someone
is tinkering with the Win7 install is probably correct. I will differ to
the Windows gurus, I have a better feel for Linux.

MSO does not handle ODF 1.2 formats only up to 1.1

--
Jay Lozier
jsloz...@gmail.com