On 2011-11-27 12:55 PM  Dair wrote:
I took the NeoOffice app and put it in the trash. Then I opened LibreOffice
and opened an .odt document from the “Open” command inside the program. No
problem. I made a small change and saved it. Fine.
Then, in the Finder, I doubled clicked the document expecting it to open in
LibreOffice.
Instead it opened in a text editor!
In short, it would seem that once a document has been started in NeoOffice,
it can never be opened in LibreOffice by double clicking in the Finder.

You need to reset your file association.
Right click on a .odt document.
Click on "Get Info".
In the window that opens go to "Open with:" and select "LibreOffice.app".
Below "Use this application to open all documents like this one" click on "Change
All".

--

Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan Canada
Website: http://larry-gusaas.com
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." -
Edgard Varese