Citrus has one thing right.

When editing a document you need "Insert - Styles - Text - View".
Float "Document", "Page", "Paragraph" and "Defaults" where ever you want, but most are used to the upper left hand corner. Heck, maybe "Paragraph" should be under "Defaults" anyway.

Why "Styles" instead of "Paragraph" before "Text". Because once you start writing documents over 2 pages, your not going to edit that way unless you really are GUI only.

What they got wrong was where they put it.
The optimum is when you right click anywhere in the document and "Insert, Styles, Text, View" shows up there. Don't waste space putting things on the edge. Once a sub-menu is paused on, it stays open unless you move your cursor to the next sub-menu.

Add "Cut" to menu if an object (letter, frame, whatever...) is selected and add "Paste" to next click point. If it doesn't happen then, "Paste" is always under "Insert" for last object.

If you want it sexy, use flat rectangle selection sub-menu (mouse movement or up/down arrow keys) rotated based on cylindrical movement (mouse movement or wheel or left/right arrow keys).

If you can, visualize the selection with "show icon and text", "show text only" or "show icon only"

It reduces movement, avoiding things like when using Calc and a menu shows up in the middle of the screen for something your doing at the tab below. Easy to see with my eyes, but what a lot of extra hand mouse movement.

If your going to change it, this is what's on my list.