El 10/12/11 10:28, Ian Whitfield escribió:
Thanks to Brian and the others who have now "put me right" and shown me
the right way to start a new Thread!!!

Regarding the 'Signature' I was going along with what I found in the
'TDF/LibreOffice Mailing List Netiquette'...

/"Signature/

/Always 'sign' your message with your name and your preferred e-mail
address. This is especially important because some e-mail and newsreader
software do not always convey the originator's full e-mail address.
While you may certainly include your regular mail address in your
postings, you may wish to give this out only in personal replies, when
necessary. /

/Use a short signature, including only the essential information. Four
lines are usually enough to include name, email, telephone number and
other nicknames, and - if necessary - corporate affiliation. Please
avoid lengthy legal disclaimers, which are useless in principle and even
more useless - and disturbing - when posting to a mailing list."

/

If this is in fact wrong I would suggest that it be changed on the
WebSite!!

So - OK - I will go back to just signing my name and occasionally adding
my City!!

Thanks all - On the main question I'm still looking for a positive
answer. So far VLOOKUP is NOT what I want am about to look at HLOOKUP
and MATCH.

Just thinking........ I wonder if "=A+'Z4' " would work to give me 'A12"
if I put the value 12 into Z4. Will try.......

NO - That doesn't work!! I tried various combinations.
The one I thought would work was 'A+(VALUE(Z4))' but no luck.
Is my syntax out??

Ian Whitfield
Pretoria./
/