Then I went to print it out to an HP color laser printer. There was a "number of copies" option show. I wonder it that will make 5 or 10 jobs, just printing the same job 5 or 10 times?

Do you have that option for your printers?
.
On 12/15/2011 01:58 PM, Tom Davies wrote:
Hi :)
Wow!  Blimey!  Sounds like a nightmare!

Have you had a chance to check to see if there is already a bug-report about
this?
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugReport

--- On Thu, 15/12/11, Don C. Myers<donmy...@myersfarm.com>  wrote:

From: Don C. Myers<donmy...@myersfarm.com>
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Printing Multiple Copies Problem
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Thursday, 15 December, 2011, 18:07

Hi Everyone,

I'm running LibreOffice (version directly from LibreOffice) 3.4.4 on Ubuntu
11.10. I tried printing 75 copies of a single sheet with significant graphics
(large file size) on a black and white Konica-Minolta PagePro 1400w laser
printer. I had no idea that LibreOffice would be sending 75 individual print
jobs to the printer instead of 1 print job with 75 copies. It crashed the
printer, and also the driver after several copies. Then there was the
horrendous mess of getting all of the unprinted jobs deleted.  I was able to
use my inkjet (HP OfficeJet Pro 8000) to finish the printing after the laser
crashed. Once again individual print jobs were sent for each copy, but the
printer did not crash. Once everything was printed, I had about 10 minutes of
icons coming on the screen saying printing started and printing completed when
the printing was all done. The icons were playing catchup with all of the print
jobs. I've tried to research this. The only way I've
  found that you can print a large number of copies is to export the page to
pdf, and then print the pdf. Programs other than LibreOffice (GEdit, Document
Viewer) send 1 job to the printer with multiple copies. This problem did not
exist in OpenOffice a year ago with whatever was the current version of
openoffice on Ubuntu 10.10 back then when I printed the same job on the same
laser printer.

Has anyone else had similar problems, or does anyone have any other solutions?
I filed a bug report in bug 33696 on Freedesktop.org. It may not have been the
best place for it since that was a bug report for a 3.3x version and for
Windows.

Don