From: Sylvia Schmidt <sylvia.schm...@jielo.de>
Subject: Re: [libreoffice-users] Question about Writer - pages and page count.
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Wednesday, 18 January, 2012, 22:30

Okay, I found a way that works for me:
I'll use a single side layout, make a pdf from it and then I'll create a pdf
with only blank pages, merge these two pdfs and rearrange the pages - page1 of
pdf1 followed by page1 of pdf2. Or something along those lines - I found a few
pdf-editing-tools that have some great capabilities.

It probably isn't an elegant solution but it works.

Thank you all for your input!

---
To Miroslaw:

Well, Germany isn't the land of milk and honey.

I'm getting my master's degree at a rather small university (Fachhochschule) in
a very rural area because here there are only up to 15 people in one course -
sometimes as little as fife people. At the bigger universities you have more
than one copyshop (which is what we've got here and it doesn't bind books) and
usually a few 'full' printing companies nearby.

But we have computer pools which we can access 24/7 where InDesign (and the
rest of the Adobe Suite) is available. And I could send a DOC but I don't like
having almost no say on how the final print looks. (I do not know how that
would impact the price).