On Fri, 20 Jan 2012 13:53:54 +0000, Tom Davies wrote:

> Tools - Options - LibreOffice - General
>
> is the right place.
   Well, when I said:

   "when I select Tools/Options/General, I do not see
     anything like that..."

- it did of course map out - as you say - to "Tools - Options -
LibreOffice - General", which showed the same bunch of options I described
- none of which bore any resemblance to NoOp's "untick Open/Save 'Use LO
dialogs"!      (Can't find that anywhere...)

Are we all using the same version of LO (mine's 3.4.5)?!

--
/\/\aurice