--- On Fri, 20/1/12, Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org> wrote:

From: Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org>
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Friday, 20 January, 2012, 18:34

On 2012-01-20 8:32 AM, Tom Davies <tomdavie...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Forums usually allow the hard-core mailing-list fans to subscribe to
> one, many or all threads in the forum so the net result would be
> about the same for you.  It would just reduce the amount of complex
> stuff that less sophisticated users would have to do in order to see
> answers to the one-and-only thread they are interested in.

Except that you then have to log into  the forum to respond...

Forums suck for active discussion like this for people who are active in many
different venues... they are great however for a Help' type of repository.

That said, there is no reason we couldn't have both... and one thing I'd like
to see are official forums that are populated with answers to FAQs asked on the
lists that people can be referred to if all they want is an answer to one
specific question...