I am using mail merge for letter creation from within a form in Base.

The base letter(s) were created in writer without problem. The
View/Database (or F4) displays the explorer and fields from the database
correctly. Whenever the form letter is opened the database is shown as
selected and correctly displayed.  In other (simple) words, the form knows
which database to open.

However - and this is the first problem, when I take the print option and
answer yes to the "form letter question" popup i am taken to a screen
showing the print options and at the top, the explorer screen. No data base
file is automatically selected and it has to be manually selected. How can
I automate this  as rthe form obviously knows which form was used during
creation.

2nd problem, if question 1 can be resolved,  is that I want to run,
populate and print the letters automatically from a Base form push button.
However the simplistic approach of a command line such as "libreoffice -p
myfile" only prints the base document.

Any suggestions please?

--
Peter Lacey