On Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:53:52 AM webmaster for Kracked Press
Productions wrote:
> I use Linux [Ubuntu 10.04] and there are several free PDF editing
> packages for Linux.  One should do what you want.
>
> You also can print PDF through the CUPS-PDF driver.  So any package
> that prints, like Firefox or Thunderbird, can have its output in a
> PDF format.
>
> I am positive that there is a PDF-merge package that you can print out
> PDF from several packages and merge them into one PDF document.  I
> did this myself in 2010 a few times, but I do not remember what the
> package was called, but it was in the repository.
>
> On 01/24/2012 12:37 AM, upscope wrote:
> > On Monday, January 23, 2012 09:32:29 PM Jeff Prater wrote:
> >> Your best bet would be to convert your newsletter to a PDF
> >> first.
> >> Then, insert the form into the PDF using PDF authoring software
> >> like Adobe Acrobat. That's what I would do.
> >
> > This will not work. First I use Linux, Second I cannot afford
> > Adobe
> > Acrobat which to the best of my knowledge does not have a Linux
> > version. I can create pdf's from LibreOffice and Scribus. I have
> > not had time to try this in Scribus, it is supposed to import
> > pdf's, but latest update gives error on trying to open pdf. Need
> > to report bug.
> >
> > Thanks for your reply anyway.
> >
> > In order to get bulletin out I just recreated the whole document
> > as a pdf form in LibreOffice and then save whol bulletin as pdf.
> > Alot of extra work.
> >
> >> -----
> >> Jeff Prater

Since I'm using openSUSE I will check repos for packages like you
mentioned. I have tried pdfedit but it did not work, probably me, but I
needed to get my bulletin out so I created in libroffice, then I save
the whole bulletin as a pdf. Worked fine.

Thanks for all the inputs.
--
Russ