Hallo Thorsten ,

A agree, i also looked over the possible problems with no margins for a page, but there was no communication over the column margins. Like i sayed before there are workarounds for the page margins, but working with columns and pictures covering more than 1 column becomes very problematic (imposible)

Greetz

Fernand
Jean-Francois Nifenecker wrote:
The place where to bring questions to the devs has to be a visible
and accessible place.

[...]

I guess there's some work to be done to resolve those two points.

Hi Jean-Francois,

not necessarily - what would be equally workable is a group of
change agents (Regina, Cor, NoOp, you in this case, but also UX
people like Christoph), who have their eyes&  ears here and at the
forums and convey to ux-advise or the dev list.

Also, what would greatly reduce the cost&  friction that changes
will cause in the future, is early feedback. We invested quite some
resources into providing nightly builds here:

  http://dev-builds.libreoffice.org/daily/

(and my, and other hackers' personal time and money to keep those
hosts running), so any suggestion to have people actually download&
play with those builds greatly appreciated.

Cedric blogged his feature here:

  http://cedric.bosdonnat.free.fr/wordpress/?p=818

(that's also aggregated on planet.documentfoundation.org), but
possibly we could do better spreading the word - would someone
(you?) be interested in compiling a weekly or monthly newsletter for
LibreOffice?

BTW, what if many people jump in the ux list and post thousands of
messages? ;)

Well, ux-advise has a rather narrow topic, that should naturally
reduce the breadth of the discussion - otherwise, more participation
is a problem I would love to have there. ;)

Well, I could do it, yes. In fact, as you might have seen, I did for
the first time a few hours ago. I can say that the latest answer my
message received is not that encouraging (in short: do it yourself.
Doh).

Thanks for jumping in indeed - well, you *did* it yourself. Let's
see where that (constructive) discussion gets us to.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten