On 28/02/12 14:48, Andreas Säger wrote:
This is the same in OpenOffice.org, LibreOffice, Excel, Gnumeric and other
spreadsheet programs.
menu:Tools>Protection>Sheet=OFF opens the locks of all the cells on that sheet
having a lock attached. Now you can edit any cell.

Format>Cells>Tab:Protection allows you to add or remove a lock to selected
cells. Cells without a lock remain editable when sheet protection closes all
cell locks.
By default all cells have a lock, so the sheet protection locks all cell. You
have to remove the locks from those cells you want to keep editable.

Oops, I'm talking about a table in the Libreoffice Writer program. Not a spreadsheet. As I understand it, your explanation is only in the context of a spreadsheet? As far as I can see, I cannot follow your procedure in Writer.

But thanks anyway, and sorry for causing confusion!

Best regard,
Torquil Sørensen