On Wed, 2012-02-29 at 15:12 +0000, Mark Stanton wrote:
> > Yes - It's one at a time.
>
> Hmm, a shame but plausible.
>

> > > And HSQL seems to require index names to be unique at the database level
> > > not the table level, is that right?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> Isn't that a little... Non-standard?

Not really...Also, normally one would allow the tool to generate unique
index names - for example creating a FK relation will automatically
create required indexes, adding a PK to a table also.

And sorry if this is off track - but I just want to be sure that you are
referring to index names and not column names used for FK relationships.
Column names, even used in a FK are table specific not database (or
schema) specific.

So I can have
Table1 (t1PK, data1, data2)

Table2 (t2PK, data1, data2, t1PK)

Table2.t1PK will be indexed for a FK back to table1, the index created
will have unique name, but you need not create it, the create FK
statement will do so for you.

//drew