From: Mark Stanton <m...@vowleyfarm.co.uk>
Subject: [libreoffice-users] Parameterised query
To: users@global.libreoffice.org
Date: Wednesday, 29 February, 2012, 15:06

Hi,

Taking advice here and the French FAQ on the Wiki (now translated :-)
), I see how to use parameters in a query.

I have a query in my database that's linked to a MySQL database and
it just complains "The data content could not be loaded.  No value
specified for parameter 1" with the query

SELECT      <Several fields>
FROM        <a table>
JOIN        <five other tables>
WHERE issues.Issue = ?Isssue_Num AND sent.sent = 1
    AND textvalues.Field = 'CBOSUBTYPE'
ORDER BY    FirstName, Surname

I have tried the :Parameter form, which doesn't work either.
It works perfectly well if I give a value instead of "?Issue_Num".

Any suggestions why this doesn't work?
This is LO 3.4.5, whose Base component is presumably almost exactly
the same as 3.5.

Mark Stanton
One small step for mankind...